Reset or reload an account to start fresh
Sometimes, you may want to clean up your account completely and start from scratch with a clean slate. If you need to install a fresh script and want to remove all traces of the old code.
Some web hosting platforms offer an Account Reset or Reload Account option to clean the account completely. However, InfinityFree has no reload account option. By law, we are required to keep records of what happens on our servers, which is why reloading accounts completely is not possible.
Clean the account manually
One method to clean an account is to remove all content manually. To clean an account, you’ll want to do the following:
- Go into the Addon Domains, Parked Domains and Subdomains menus in your control panel and delete all domains there.
- Go to Email Accounts, MySQL Databases, Forwarders and delete everything there.
- Go into Softaculous, go to Installed Apps and delete everything in the list.
- Go to the client area, click Site Builders and delete all sitebuilders for the account you want to clean up.
- Go into the file manager, go to the htdocs directory and remove everything in the directory. Also do this for the htdocs directory in every domain folder.
This should remove most of the content from your account. Some content, like the domain directories, will remain because those directories contain protected files.
Create a new account
Another method to get a clean account is to create a new account.
On your old account, you need to delete all domain names through the Addon Domains, Parked Domains and Subdomains menus in your control panel. You cannot reuse a domain name if it’s already attached to an account.
Then, create a new hosting account from your client area as usual.
Finally, you can close the old account from the client area to make sure it will be deleted after some time.