Ensuring only web browsers can access your website
InfinityFree provides a website hosting service. That means you can host your website on InfinityFree for free. InfinityFree cannot be used to host API endpoints, file or data storage and sharing services, bots, or hacking scripts.
Which features are not supported?
Due to this system, the following website features are not supported.
- Access through Android or iOS mobile apps.
- API access to websites (like WordPress XML-RPC).
- Access through cURL or other command line clients.
- Website code validators and SEO checkers.
- Let's Encrypt and websites providing certificates through Let's Encrypt (like sslforfree.com).
- Google Webmasters verification with HTML file or meta tag. You can use DNS records instead.
- AJAX requests from other websites. AJAX requests are only possible on the same (sub)domain.
- Hotlinking and embedding images and other (static) files on other websites.
Which errors can I expect?
When trying to access your website with an unsupported client, you may see one of the following errors:
- 403 Forbidden
- No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource
How does this security system benefit me?
For starters, this security system helps protect your website against automated tools looking to do harm, like spam bots trying to spread harmful content on your website.
This security system also helps ensure that the available server power is used for fair purposes and is distributed evenly across all hosted websites. This means your actual websites will be fast, reliable and free.
Can search engine crawlers still access my website?
If you fear your site is not being indexed correctly by search engines, you may wish to sign up for the Webmasters service from search engines like Google and Bing. There you will be able to see if the search engines have any problems in accessing your site.
Can I disable this security system?
No, this security system is mandatory on all websites and cannot be disabled.
If this security system means your website or application does not work as expected on InfinityFree, please consider to upgrade your account to premium hosting. On premium hosting, this security system is not present (your website will be protected in less obtrusive ways), so you can access your website through other clients which are not browsers (like mobile apps, automated verification tools, etc.).