How to verify your website in Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a useful tool to help you learn about how your website is being crawled by Google and change settings as to how Google indexes your website.
To view this information, you need to sign up to Google Search Console and add your website to it.
How to add your website to Google Search Console
- Go to Google Search Console and sign in with your Google account.
- Click “Add property” and choose the type “URL prefix”.
- Enter your domain name, starting with
- Choose verification method HTML file.
- Download the HTML File to your computer.
- Open a file manager or FTP client connected to your hosting account, and navigate to your website folder.
- Upload the HTML file you just download to the htdocs folder.
- Click the “Verify” button to complete the verification.
That’s all you need to do to verify your domain name!