How to setup a new MySQL Database?
Many scripts require a MySQL database to work, and you will need to create a new database to use with your script. This article describes how to create a database and get the necessary settings for your script.
Create a new database
Before you can use a database, you need to create it first.
- Login to your client area.
- Click the Login to Control Panel button next to the account for which you need a database.
- Go to MySQL Databases.
- In the field under New Database, enter a short name to help you identify the database (letters and numbers only).
- Click Create Database.
Using a new database
After creating a database, you need to tell your script how to use it. In a configuration file or installation wizard, it will ask for a database hostname, database name, database username and database password. Here’s how you can find those settings.
For the database name, username and hostname:
- Login to your control panel and go to MySQL Databases.
- Find your new database under Current Databases.
- Copy the MySQL DB Name, MySQL User Name and MySQL Host Name to the relevant configuration fields.
For the database password:
- Login to the client area.
- Click the account you created the database for.
- Scroll down to Account Password and click Show next to the password field.
- Copy the password from the field to the Database Password configuration field.
And that’s all there is to it! That’s all your script need to know to use the database.