How to delete a hosting account?
Maybe you moved your website somewhere else or maybe you don't need a website anymore at all. Whatever the case may be, you want to delete your hosting account at InfinityFree.
Deactivate your hosting account
InfinityFree is required to keep details on all accounts hosted for legal reasons. However, you can deactivate an account, so it will be disabled and deleted over time.
To deactivate a hosting account, follow these steps:
- Login to your client area.
- Click Manage next to the account you want to deactiavte.
- Click the Control Panel button.
- In the control panel, go through the Addon Domains, Parked Domains and Subdomains sections and delete all domains listed there.
- From the client area, click the Settings button.
- Scroll down to the Deactivate Account section and click the Deactivate button.
After your account has been closed, we'll keep it's content safe for some time. Should you ever change your mind, you can easily reactivate it from the same page as where you closed the account. Your account will be deleted automatically after some time, which is usually after 90 days.
If your account is not active, you cannot deactivate it.
Suspended accounts are deleted automatically after 90 days. Due to law enforcement reasons, it's not possible to delete such accounts any sooner.
If your account was deactivated for inactivity, it will be deleted automatically after 5 days.
Deleting your main InfinityFree account
If you really don't want to host anything with InfinityFree anymore, you can also deactivate your main client area account.
First of all, you will need to make sure you don't have any accounts anymore. All your hosting accounts must be fully deleted before you can deactivate your profile.
If all your accounts have been deleted, you can deactivate your client area account. To do so:
- Go to Profile in your client area.
- Scroll down to Delete Profile.
- Confirm your password and click the Delete Profile button.